I had the immense pleasure to meet Tich Brewster at a signing I went to last year and have been lucky enough to get to know her over the past year. Tich is such a sweet genuine person. I absolutely love her personality and the light that shines from her. So I was super excited that it was her time to be My Blissful Books’ Spotlight Author. My favorite part of doing this is getting to know more about the author through their answers.
- Do you have only one muse? Or do you have a different one with each book? Well, before I start writing a new story, I get a playlist together with songs relating to the storyline, something that will get the inspiration flowing. I also search through model pictures and stock photos for my characters. I like to sit in the office with my playlist going and the photos posted to a board while I outline the story. Once my characters come to life they run the show.
- You have such a busy chaotic life how do you find the time to write? *laughs* Writing is definitely harder now that I have a full-time job and homeschool. I write when the kids are doing their schoolwork and when I get off work at 5am.
- What is the best advice that you have been given? The best advice I have heard was from P.C. Cast. Write whether you feel like it or not. This is a job.
- What is the biggest pro and the biggest con of being an author that you wish you knew before you started? This is a tough one for me to answer. I love writing so the biggest pro for me is being able to release the worlds living in my head. Allowing the characters to come to life and take over their own worlds. As for the biggest con, that would be the time it takes away from my family. I try my best to juggle this but there are times when a deadline needs to be met and that means locking myself in my office until the task is complete.
- Which comes first the storyline or the characters? Usually the storyline. I have several notebooks full of ideas and outlines that are waiting for the right characters to bring life to the story.
- What is the character you are most proud of? Gage Taylor. He is patiently waiting for the day the world can read his story.
- How do you handle writer’s block? Writer’s block is a brutal thing. I struggle a lot with this. What I do is stop where I am and skip ahead to the next chapter and then come back to that one at a later date.
- Are there any secrets from the book you’re writing (that aren’t in the blurb), you can share with your readers? Hmm, well there’s anger, love, betrayal, mystery…
- What books or authors have most influenced your own writing? I love P.C. & Kristin Cast, Richelle Mead, J. Daniels, and L.J. Smith.
- Do you have celebration rituals you do when you finish a book? Hahaha. I treat myself to Mexican food and a new book.
Bio: Tich was born and raised in Oklahoma where she met her husband of 22 years. They have 6 (5 living and 1 in heaven) wonderful children ranging in ages from 12 years to 22 years of age. She listens to a wide range of music: rap, hip hop, alternative, rock, and country, just whatever happens to suit her mood at the moment. Some of her favorite artists include: Justin Timberlake, Nick Jonas, Maroon 5, Sam Hunt, Luke Bryan, Brantley Gilbert, Enation, Skillet, Fireflight, Third Day, Lecrae, and Neely.
She is also a bookworm, reading anything from christian fiction to paranormal and romance. Favorite books are: House of Night, Vampire Academy, Dirty Deeds. There are a ton more but it would take days to list them all.
website https://www.tichbrewster.com /