- When you first started writing what did you find to be the hardest part? Has that changed over the years? ☕️The hardest part in the beginning was typing it all up. I began writing by hand. Now my challenge is finding time to write when I’m not in mombie mode!
- What do you like the most about writing in your genre? ☕️Well… I write urban fantasy with a touch of romance. I love exploring what if especially adding magic to what we know of real life!
- Having been in the industry what do you feel are the most positive and the most negative aspects? ☕️ Most positive has been the the support from both writers and readers. I love how people come together. The negative, honestly, I haven’t seen much. There’s your occasional troll of course, but I haven’t been involved in any of the drama.
- What is the best thing that has happened to you since you started the adventure that is writing? ☕️ I’ve made so many great friends!
- Being in the Indie community you have seen a lot happen, what do you think has changed the most? ☕️ Marketing. I did so much research before I even hit publish and thought I had a pretty good idea of how to succeed, then everything changed and continues to change. It’s hard to keep up.
- What is the best advice anyone has given you? ☕️ I forget which famous writer said it, but the first draft is you telling yourself the story. Editing is telling the story to your audience.
- What is a genre you would like to explore writing? ☕️ I’d love to dig deeper into romance and add a bit more horror!
- Do you feel that authors get pigeon holed into just one genre, if they don’t venture out into others right away? ☕️ Actually, no. I think if you have loyal readers who just love how you tell stories, then many of them are willing to take the leap into something new with you. Those that don’t love it will be replaced by new fans.
- Tell us something silly about you that your readers probably do not know. ☕️ Hmm… I have a massive sweet tooth, so hide the cookies!
- What is your newest WIP is about? Is there any insider info you can pass on about it? ☕️ I’m trying my hand at PNR with an age gap vampire story! Kim is a successful business woman in her mid 40’s with an inside knowledge of vampires. She spent her summer as a happy meal for an ancient family in Italy, but was introduced to the world long before that, in her college days.
Brandon is in his mid-20’s and has been a vampire for all of one year and doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing.
Their meet-cute occurs when they spot each other in a local bar. As Kim approaches her car in the lot later, Brandon’s thirst goes out of control and he attacks her. She laughs and pepper sprays him. And thus their friendship and eventual romance begins!