I have yet to meet Heather Anne in person but this have had many fun, sarcastic conversations on messenger and through email. All of which, have me excited to finally meet her. She is a hard working parent who loves to interact with her readers. Take a moment and meet her. You won’t regret it.
- What is the character that you’ve written that you connect with the most?
Grayson in Fractured Paths. Writing him was my therapy for dealing with a suicide of someone close to me. His emotions were all me.
- Being a single mom, how do you find the time to manage writing, working, and being as hands on of a mother as you are? Sometimes I don’t lol I try not to put too much pressure on myself. I write when I can.
- If you had to give up either snacks and drinks during writing sessions, or music, which would you find more difficult to say goodbye to? Music. I can’t write without my sparkling water, coffee and jelly belly jelly beans.
- How do you think being a writer has helped you as a person? It’s given me confidence.
- What is the biggest fan girl moment that you have experienced? If we’re talking celebrity then when I met the guy who played Clay on One tree Hill, Robert Buckley. I was tongued tied lol For authors, it was finally meeting Rachel Van Dyken after chatting with her for years on facebook. She was a huge support when I first started and meeting her and thanking her in person was so amazing.
- What is the one misconception you had about writing before you started? That I could just write a book and that was that. I am lucky I had some mentors to guide me along the way. I had no idea that a book even needed formatting lol
- Have you always had the need to write or did that come later in life? I have always written whether it be journalling or poetry as a teen to writing fan fiction and short stories and now novels as an adult.
- Have any of the scenes in your books come from your personal experiences? A few scenes were based on real experiences like in Fractured Paths when Skylar and Grayson watch the meteor shower- the idea for that scene came from a personal experience. In For Her Amusement Everleigh get’s hurt at an amusement park and the idea for that entire book came from a incident that happened in 2008. I wore flip flops to an amusement park and broke my toe so bad it was facing the other way.
- What do you want your legacy as an author to be? This is a hard one. I guess I would want to be remembered as being a vulnerable writer if that makes sense. I pour out my soul in my words.
- If you could choose one of your books to be made into a movie which one would it be and why? Fractured Paths. it’s an emotional story with some humor mixed in and to see those Davis boys on the big screen would be pretty awesome.
Heather Anne’s passion has always been reading and writing. After many years she finally crosses “writing a novel” off of her bucket list. When she isn’t fangirling over fictional characters, Heather can be found, usually with a cup of coffee or energy drink in hand, being supermom to an amazing little boy. When this New York native has time to herself, she enjoys karaoke, live music, 80’s movies and rewatching her favorite TV shows over and over again.